Thursday, September 16, 2004

one sock (and a bit) Posted by Hello

Here's a quick shot of my first sock, and the beginnings of its pair. I technically haven't finished the sock, as I still need to graft the toe shut, but the needles are now in use for the second sock!

These socks are a good learning experience for me - I've been reading through about 3 different patterns, and making it up as I go along. I like the height of the ankle part, although it looks a bit funny because it is so much shorter than the foot (it looks better when actually on)! I'm not crazy about the heel I did - it alternates knitting and slipped stitches to give a stronger heel (apparently where I should expect the sock to wear through).

I've been working on sock2 at school when I am waiting for computer programs to run through, so I'm not getting that much work done on it these days!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<< Purling Puppy Webring! >>